Lank Becomes PPACA Certified
Press Release: 5/6/2013
Local Agent Becomes PPACA Certified
Kennesaw, Georgia – Michael Lank with The Lank Group became certified through The National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) new professional development course on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). This continuing education course for agents has been approved in all 50 states
Lank completed this 10-hour course to receive the most up-to-date information on the key technical components of PPACA and is prepared to counsel his/her clients on upcoming required healthcare changes and new options for health plans.
“By taking this course, Lank has joined an elite group who is uniquely qualified to assist clients in complying with the new law,” said NAHU CEO Janet Trautwein. “He understands how the market is likely to change over the next few years, and is in the perfect position to advise families and businesses in planning for the future.”
Topics of study include:
- Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
- Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
- Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
- Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
- Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implications
- W-2 reporting, summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
- Individual mandate, pre-existing conditions and rating reform
- Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
- Employer pay or play
- Self-insured plans
Michael Lank commented… “In today’s compliance ridden world, just being aware of new legislation is not enough. I felt like I needed to have a detailed understanding of the Affordable Care Act to better guide my clients through the ACA maze.”
The course is delivered through NAHU’s Online Learning Institute.
The National Association of Health Underwriters represents 100,000 professional health insurance agents and brokers who provide insurance for millions of Americans.